Read this at Scribby’s and I tagged myself !
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Crickey… almost can’t remember what I did the entire last year… I know I am nearing 40 and my short term memory is at tatters. Well I bought an SLR ! I had never bought one earlier
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
Not a resolution kinda person, though off late have decided to ask myself 3 times, “Do you really feel like smoking?” before going for a fag.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Sigh this is a tough tag… my memory is a shocker ! I don’t have a date but I will probably remember my first trip to Goa in August. We three had a wonderful time there.
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing the extenstion/construction of the house. Surviving after quitting the job !
5. What was your biggest failure?
Controlling my temper always…. Although I once again feel like I am becoming a bit better and starting to get a grip of things.
6. Did you suffer illness?
Na, not really ! Maybe the cold lasted a bit too long this year but nothing other than that !
7. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People who follow religion and rituals blindly without once thinking, questioning… Wonder why they have brains if they do not want to use it.
8. Where did most of your money go?
in extension/construction of the house.
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The coral reef walk in the Marine National Park, the snorkelling in the ocean without my feet reaching the bottom. I can’t swim you know ! The colours of the world under the surface of the water are most most most unbelievable and need to be seen to be believed.
10. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Don’t disown me for this but…. I am a hunter from Gangs of Wasseypur !!! I thought it was the most outrageous song I have ever heard !!!!
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Jogged a bit more, paid a little more attention to work.
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spent less time on the internet.
14. Did you fall in love in 2012?
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
Eddie Vedder, after watching the movie Into the Wild I fell in absolutely love with his song Guaranteed. His style, his songs are something I can relate with so so much.
16. What did you want and get?
My want’s can never be satisfied ! I am a bundle of desires. But I got quite a few last year and I hope the trend just continues.
17. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to buy a car, I wanted to travel to Africa, I wanted to go to Ladakh sigh… the list can go on and on and on…
18. What was your favorite film of this year?
Paan Singh Tomar.. without a trace of doubt… apart from a heart wrenching story of a soldier turned dacoit… I loved the fact that a movie of a dacoit in India can be made without a single swear word.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Born in 77 so you count it up. I am bad with numbers. Didn’t do much the normal ate out and received calls… yea I am nearing 40 you know
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Had I been able to write more and carry on the my book a little bit further… its stuck.. reminds it I must read it myself to get myself in the thinking and developing the plot further.
21. What kept you sane?
My wife… she always lets me be a gypsy enough and always reminds me that at times I need to come back to normalcy from my fantasies of being a roaming bird… *godblessher*
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Never deviate from what you once committed.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012?
Mithapur, Marine National Park, saw corals, caught crabs, saw sea slugs amazingly colourful most wonderful experience.
Goa. Just 2? Gee… either my memory is nuts or I need to rid of the habit of visiting the same places. I did travel a lot but.
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Leave it to me as I find a way to be, consider me a satelite for ever orbiting,
I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me…. guaranteed…
This song has become an anthem. I connect to this song & movie so so so much I myself cannot believe it.
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from.