I am new to blogging and to the blogosphere… I am only 4 months old…. However the 4 months have been quite interesting.
I have always been a guy with an opinion, however in real life I am never able to convey myself exactly the way I want to… Perhaps I write better than I speak.
I took up blogging because of Ranu, we met and became very good friends at betapet.com a scrabble game site. I must say she is very very good at scrabble and beating her for me was almost impossible. After betapet.com stopped working in english we were left without our dear scrabble, a game that helped me pass the useless hours at office. It was then she prompted me to take up blogging, I was unsure what to do and whether any one would actually read or bother about what I had to say… She assured me she would read it all !!!! So with her assurance I started….
4 months on and I am unable to digest this, I have 20 followers !!!! My have 3 sons post got 20+ comments from readers and really I still keep pinching myself to check if it is not a dream…. I even got in touch with Shobha De due to blogging, although I don’t like her, receiving her mail must count for an achievment !
I have noticed so far that female bloggers are a huge number, perhaps a lot more then male… I don’t know why this is the case…. May be my blogs have charmed women more and hence I have encountered women a lot more… lol.. but I am not complaining!!!
Lots of female bloggers, means a lot of female jagruti …. Some how females are always pointing it out that males get some special privileges and that females get a raw deal, perhaps they are right…. I am not arguing…. I am a JKG (joru ka ghulam) also a MKG (Maa ka ghulam) so I don’t know ….. I am always for females, with females !!!! ( in all ways, puns intended galore)
However just recently I and my office colleague were just discussing the disadvantages of being a Male… so I thought it would be nice to share the points on my blog and get males to add to the list and the females to opine about the ones already listed..!!!
- I am from a co-ed school. The teachers always treat the girls as hardworking, intelligent and a superior set of students. Boys are useless, mischevious and a pain !!!
- No matter what mischief the girls do in a school they are rarely punished, but if you dare do something – – stand up on the bench, get out of the class, hold your ears and do 50 sit ups, slaps galore….
- Girls will always be the monitors in the class. We boys will always have their names scribbled on the black board for talking and mischief…
- On a road if a guy has an accident or falls down every one will come and scold you for rash driving, but if a female crashes even into a bystander every one will gather around to help the female. Poor soul…
- You have to have a career. You don’t have an option to be a house husband !!! Atleast in India. You can be a ghar jamai but still have to work !!!! Girls atleast have an option to choose, whether to work or not !!!!
Kabhi Male liberation bhi soch ke dekho …. (tongue in cheek)