Can any one else claim this title in India….
there have been many but none who comes even close to her… the masti in her eyes… the magical smile…. innocency dripping one moment and sensuous the other…. HAAAAAY…. No wonder this is one actress that all and sundry tried to pain in colours and still try to…. !!!!!!!!!!!!! They wish they could make her come to life again ….
She still remains one of the most most most beautiful actress in Indian film Industry… Her beauty always over shadowed her acting talents… just watch her lovely expressions in this song…. she was very under rated as an actress…. but I dont blame them… when you see some one so so so enchantingly beautiful you are bound to miss out on everything else… !!!!!!!!
Hey Rakesh & Pixie please do watch the video and just notice… Dev Anand only shakes his mundi once !! that too only when it is most required….
The rest can just enjoy the song and the beauty of Madhubala… the queen who ruled all our hearts….
And than in the monsoon….
I just heard some one tell me that she gets wet on the terrace coz of lecherous men !!! lol….
But when heroines like these get wet… dont blame the men… please…. they are just appreciating… !!!!!
And when clubs had such singers like these
I have no doubt in my mind that most of the richest and the humblest and most honourable men would frequent clubs all night long…
Goes without saying I love all three songs…. this was one heroine from the black and white era that I liked since a child… even though we hated B/W movies as a kid….
as they say… if you dont like her… you are no male… !!!!!!!!!!!!!
And here is more Wikipedia trivia about her :
- When Madhubala was an infant, an esteemed Muslim spiritual man predicted that she would earn fame and fortune, but would lead an unhappy life and die at a young age.
- Filmaker Mohan Sinha taught Madhubala to drive a car when she was only 12 years old.
- She was an avid fan of Hollywood and after learning to speak fluent English, frequently watched American movies on her home projector.
- When nervous she suffered from uncontrolled outbursts of giggles and laughter which sometimes antagonised co-stars and directors.
- When Guru Dutt first announced his classic film Pyaasa (1957) it was with Madhubala and Nargis in the feminine lead roles. The parts were eventually played by Mala Sinha and Waheeda Rehman who both became stars with the film.
- With the exception of Geeta Dutt in Mr. & Mrs. ’55 (1955), most of Madhubala’s memorable songs were dubbed by Lata Mangeshkar or Asha Bhosle. Madhubala proved lucky for both. The songs from Mahal picturised on Madhubala in 1949 were some of Lata’s earliest successes; nine years later, Asha’s vocals for the actress in four 1958 films established her as a major playback singer, rivaling her own sister, Lata.
- Madhubala’s sister Chanchal was also an actress and bore a striking resemblance to her famous sibling. She appeared in Nazneen (1951), Naata (1955), Mahalon Ka Khwab (1960) and Jhumroo (1961) alongside Madhubala. She also played prominent roles in Mehboob Khan‘s Mother India (1957) and Raj Kapoor‘s Jis Desh Men Ganga Behti Hai (1960)
- She was the first moviestar that had a cold war with the media
Psst : I have hardly anything to post…. but I seriously cannot stay away from blogosphere…. so I might as well keep posting some of my favourites… !!!! and yes… keep rioting in the comments… !!! I m lovin it !!!!!