I have been officially tagged by A Thoughtful train… and I have seen this tag at a lot of places… here we go…
Four places I have lived:
1. Andheri (W), Mumbai – My birth and my first 5 years of life… Dont remember a lot from that phase though…
2. Jamnagar – A lovely time… I was a very intelligent student then… I studied in a boys school… perhaps thats why…
3. Bharuch – came here in 5th standard, first time in a co-ed… the teacher made me sit next to a girl and my studies went for a toss… !!! If ever I belong to any place this is it… I am a Kutchi who has never been to Kutch… Bharuch is home for me and will always remain !!!! I still yearn to go back… hopefully some day I will… !!! **amen**
4. Indore – 2 years and a few months… but still not quite settled… dont like the place too much…
Four T.V Shows I Love to Watch ( only four?!)
1. Live Cricket nothing beats it…
I dont have any shows in particular… I love watching Nat-geo and discovery or animal planet or music channels or travel and living or movies… but no shows in particular… I loved Yeh jo hai zindagi… the old serial.. I still rent its dvd’s some times… !!
Four Places that I have been on Vacation / School tours (I have added school tours coz I wanted to)
1. Bardipada taluka in Dang Forests – Life’s best tour.. 5 days we lived in the jungle and bathed in the river… in November… freezing water mind you… and at 6 in the morning… amazing pushing would happen to enter the water…
this was the best school picnic ever… and a lot of my friends till day talk of those days… we would run in the bamboo jungles… whistles would determine our day schedules… we would eat unbelievably oily potato and brinjal sabzi… the potatoes not even peeled… but those were the days… really !!!!!!!!
2. Saurashtra tour – This was a horrible tour in a way… the teachers organised this trip only to all temples… they wanted to visit temples and they made us visit temples and sleep in Dharamshala’s for 5 days.. the only saving grace was the gir forest visit where i saw a lioness in the wild for the first time in my life… we saw 2 lioness trying to drag a cow… thats where the fascination for the wild life started… over all this trip with friends et all was fantastic… only the locations could have been better… but well those teachers were such darlings… so I forgive them… !!
3. Nainital / Jim Corbett – For my honeymoon… a fantastic trip for the first time I had enough money to sleep in nicest hotels and money was not an issue.. I borrowed for it too… just in case…!! We had a whale of a time… we would eat 5 times and errr… never mind…
We had not decided a venue.. I just booked tickets to Delhi and back.. and we took our Lonely planet and just left… on station atleast 20 friends came to drop us… and 2 passengers told me I am a very lucky man to have such friends… the whole station was set alight with unbelievable noise… !!!!! (sigh I miss you my friends)
We thought of mussorie, shimla and eventually ended up near the tigers… !!! but nainital was necessary or else hetal would have killed me if we spent all 9 days in corbett… !! lol… on our train journey in the morning we were about to reach Delhi & when we were discussing where to go a Army man who sat oppposite to us looked as us and asked if we kids were newly married & then he gave a big sigh that we hadnt even decided where we were going for our honeymoon…. eventually he felt so protective towards us that he led us to the travel counter and warned us that Delhi is not so safe after all !!!!!
the only thing I missed was spotting a tiger in the wild… I still havent done it still and hope to do it sooon…
4. Manali ‘ 08 – Although I have been here earlier this was a special trip coz I took my mom with me… she has seen most states in south etc.. but her life’s biggest wish has always been to be to himachal and kashmir… Some how she has travelled down south innumerable times and a lot of other states but never these two… Last year I took her to Manali after forcing her that I and hetal wont go without her… My wife got punjabi’s stiched for her and though she never wears them she wore on this trip we even had her wear fur coats and gum boots and made her slide in the snow… all in all I just simply felt greatly satisfied…
and I hope to take her to Kashmir next year…
My Favourite Food Items
1. Pizza (anything with bread and cheese actually I love bread and cheese)
3. Masala Chicken ( from one hotel in Bharuch “Apna Chicken”
4. Home made typical gujarati thali… (with rotli, shaak, aamras, daal, kachumber, idla et all)
Four Websites that I visit daily (not mentioning wp)
1. Google – reader, mails
Four Places that I would Rather be
1. Home – Bharuch
2. Manali ( I m going to retire here… Crafty we need to gather money)
3. Corbett ( there is a toss up between this and Manali actually right Crafty ?? )
4. Naggar ( this is a very very beautiful and peaceful place near manali.. a lovely small town… nice to live a quiet retired life…
Four Things I hope to do before Time Runs out
1. Visit Congo (Zaire) once in my life
2. See the savana and the serengeti
3. Visit the Amazon…
4. Sorry but I have to do this once.. and I must mention it … I once in my life want to go to lake superior in Canada and go Moose hunting… ( i m against hunting but I want to go there in open season once in my life time and shoot a moose and eat it and I ll drink beer too once I m there… ) (please ignore this) ( there is a sadist in me too )
Four Novels I Wish I was Reading for the first Time ( I dint understand the logic of this, so I am making it into 4 of my faves)
1. The adventures of Tom Swayer
Sorry just this one… I have read it atleast 5-6 times and I cannot think of any other novel… this novel was the best I read till date… and it appealed immensely to the Tom inside me… !!! really…
Four Movies that I can watch over and over again ( i ll list 7 since I listed only 1 novel okay !!!!! ) 😀 😀
1. The Ghost & the Darkness
2. Rang De Basanti
3. Wild Hogs
4. Remember the Titans
5. Romancing the Stone
(no particular order, frankly even 7 are not enough for me… I love watching movies repeatedly… My wife sometimes gets frustrated and even taunts… Tere ko ek baar mein samajh mein nahi aata kya ?? ) but what to do..
Four people I tag :
Enough of 4 !! all those you comment here are tagged.. and if you try and not comment… I ll come and catch you… !!! you all must do this tag.. !!
strangely everywhere I read this tag it was quite short… but trust me to make it long… after all Indy’s big bro I am… !!!!!! lol…